We are a volunteer non-profit organization. Our coaches and mentors volunteer their time (and love doing it!).
We need mentors of all ages to help with our practices. If you can skate, and are willing to put the spotlight on our participants for an hour, this may be a position for you. Example duties:
- Work one-on-one with new skaters to help them gain confidence on skates so they can participate in hockey drills and eventually games.
- Partner up with more experienced skaters to help them stay focused and get the most out of their hockey experience.
- Do whatever the coaches need you to do – chase pucks, demonstrate drills, hang out at a sideline to keep pucks in, fetch water bottles – your job is to help make the practice go smoothly!
- Coaches and mentors must have the capacity and patience to work with developmentally or physically disabled children.
- Coaches and mentors must know how to skate.
- All volunteers shall have the well being and care of the children in the program as their priority.
What to do next:
- Contact TSHA by filling out the form on this page
- Fill out the appropriate Volunteer/Coach/Mentors forms
- All Coaches and Mentors must be members of USA Hockey therefore must register as a player or coach on www.usahockey.com
- All Coaches must complete the USA Hockey level one coaching program (minimum)